The snow has finally made it to Northern Arizona, and what better way to celebrate than with a warm, spicy, and fruity mulled wine. This recipe will warm you up from the inside out and is perfect to make for any holiday gathering or just a simple night in snuggled in front of a fire with a good book.
This recipe features one of our favorite bottles of wine from our sister company, Grand Canyon Wine Company. While this 100% Cabernet Sauvignon is delicious as it is right out of the bottle, it is equally as desirable in mulled wine. The Voyager is medium to full bodied, low in acidity, with notes of roasted green chilis and dark cherries. It’s one of our favorite bottles of wine for the colder months, but it is so easy drinking that it would be perfect for a summer evening as well.
The Voyager Mulled Wine is easy to make, either in a crockpot or on the stove and can be made in big batches to share or scaled down for just one serving. It’s perfectly spiced with just a subtle sweetness and is the perfect winter wine cocktail!
The Voyager Mulled Wine
1 Bottle of The Voyager 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
1 Cinnamon Stick
1 Star Anise
6 Whole Cloves
3 Whole Allspice
2-4 tablespoons of Honey (depending on how sweet you like it)
3 Shakes of Ground Nutmeg
1 Handful of Cranberries
1 finely chopped apple
1. Cut your orange into slices and set aside half of your orange slices for garnish.
2. Add all ingredients to a pot or a crockpot.
3. Heat all ingredients on the lowest setting for a minimum of 20 minutes to allow flavors to meld and spices to infuse.
4. Strain your liquid into mugs or glasses.
5. Garnish with an orange slice, a few cranberries in each glass, and a pinch of nutmeg.
6. Drink up and enjoy responsibly!